DR. DAVE'S FITNESS FACTS
by Dr. David Williams
Shin splints — an inflammation of the anterior tibialis muscle located on the front of the lower leg resulting in pain with walking or running.
- Exercising in shoes without adequate cushioning or are "worn out"
- Muscle imbalance
- Exercising on a surface too hard or too soft
- Repetitive activity using deconditioned muscles
- rest — avoid activities that increase pain
- check the condition of shoes
- stretch calf muscles
- strengthen the anterior tibialis muscle
- while seated, write the alphabet with your foot
- tap your toes
- point your toes in and tap them
- point your toes out and tap them
If you have any questions regarding fitness and wellness, please feel free to contact me at (817) 648-6999.
Click here to request more information and/or rates.