DR. DAVE'S FITNESS FACTS
Help for Arthritis Pain?
With Vioxx recently taken off the market and naproxen (Aleve) having been shown to cause cardiovascular problems, many arthritis suffers are left wondering what choices they have to decrease their pain. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Exercise - this will improve strength and joint stability (there are specific classes for arthritis sufferers (tai chi, yoga, PACE, etc.).
2. Glucosamine/Chondroitin - this supplement will help replenish synovial fluid inside of the joint.
3. Lose weight - every extra pound you are carrying is multiplied five fold at the knee.
4. Vitamin D - take a multi vitamin that contains Vitamin D. There is evidence that this may decrease pain.
5. Acupuncture - there is growing evidence that this may be beneficial.
If you have any questions regarding fitness and wellness, please feel free to contact me at (817) 648-6999.
|Copyright © Kinesiolgy Specialists, all rights reserved.|